Well, I thought it might be time to do it all over again, and I mentioned it to Kristina Lloyd, who has a great new anthology out, and she suggested a fresh take: lipstick.
I’m not a big wearer of lipstick, so instead of my own collection, this competition will be based around the names of classic MAC lipstick. It’s simple – if you want to enter, you drop me a DM, I’ll select a lipstick name for you at random and you write a piece of erotica using that lipstick name as a title. Sound familiar?
There will of course be a prize, the full details of which are yet to be confirmed, but which will definitely include a signed copy of Kristina’s anthology when it’s released in paperback. In addition, I’ll donate £1 to Refuge (up to a maximum of £30) for every story entered – and you can enter more than once.
If you’re tempted, here are …
… the Rules…
(1) Your story must be a piece of erotica and use the name of the lipstick allocated to you as, or as part of, the title. The more creative the story, the better.
(2) The post must (obviously) be your own work.
(3) There is no minimum length for posts, but they must be no longer than 1500 words.
(4) You may request more than one lipstick name and submit more than one story, but you must submit a story for every lipstick name you are allocated.
(5) You must post the piece on your own blog and link back to this post in order for your entry to be counted. If you’re having trouble with the link, DM me or drop me an email and I’ll add your post to the list of entries.
(6) If you don’t have a blog, but would like to enter, I’ll also consider stories sent via email (my email address is here)
(7) The competition closes at 23.59 GMT on Sunday, October 11th. Any entries submitted after this point will not be considered.
(8) You consent to me linking to your post in a list of all the entries once the competition has closed.
(9) Should you win, you are happy to share your mailing address with me (and Kristina!) for the purpose of sending your prize.
(10) The competition is open internationally.
If I’)ve missed anything, or you have questions, please let me know…
I need some inspiration for some fiction so I am in….
This sounds like fun and I love a challenge! Count me in too! 🙂
I need something to get me inspired again. I’m going to give this a go.
Pingback: Competition: match the writer to the lipstick « Kristina Lloyd
Pingback: Lippie Entry: Cockney, by @19syllables | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: Flamingos and Wolves | cherrytartblog
Pingback: #Lippie: The Entries | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: “No Sleep” and writing on the body « Kristina Lloyd
I was reading girl on the net and saw her story, so I’d love to try this out too!
Hey Ana, thanks for playing! Your Lippie name is ‘Instigator’ 🙂
Pingback: #Lippie Entry: Rebel, by @Chiaroscuro | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: Lipstick Color | Cammies On The Floor
So I’m not a blogger (at least yet, been spending a ton of time on sex positive blogs and highly considering starting my own but alas I don’t think I could get one up and started in two days!). With that said, I do write a lot of erotica for fun and so since you said we could enter by email… I know I’m late to the game but could I have a lipstick name? I’ll see what I can do in the next two days. Awesome, awesome contest. 🙂
Yay, thanks for your lovely comment. I do hope you find time to write something. Your lipstick name is ‘odyssey’ 🙂
Pingback: Lady Danger (a very dirty sex story) | THE MANSPLANATION
Good grief! You’ve got mine and now Peter wants a go. Are men allowed? LOL.
Yes, of course! Have emailed!
Pingback: Flat Out Fabulous | Katya Harris
Pingback: #Lippie Entry: Runway Hit, by @BilliousOne | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: #Lippie Entry: Dubonnet, by Robert S | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: #Lippie Entry: Myth, by @DarkJezebelle | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: Syrup - Absolutely Ruby
Pingback: Créme In Your Coffee | f dot leonora
Pingback: No Persistence Here | The Way of the Body
Pingback: #Lippie Entry: Highlights by @mandapen | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: #Lippie Entry: Fanfare by @IAmAnnaSky | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: See Sheer - Stella Kiink
Pingback: #Lippie entry: Brave by @Tomwatched | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: Christmas Gift Guide (of Sorts) 2015 | Sex blog (of sorts)
Pingback: On Hold Molly's Daily Kiss