Even before I made my New Year’s Resolutions, I wanted to read more in 2017. In 2016, I read eighteen novels, this year I’m aiming for a minimum of twenty. And, to kickstart that, I plan to read five in January.
When I tweeted about this idea, I asked if anyone wanted to join me, and people were keen, so here are the details:
- To join in, all you have to do is read five books (physical or digital) or listen to five audiobooks before the end of January.
- It’s not a competition as such, so there are no prizes, but I may well send out chocolate and possibly other goodies to anyone who completes the challenge.
- I will do my best to offer periodic encouragement and reminders via Twitter, using the hashtag #CharliesNaNoReMo.
- If you want to take part, all you have to do is comment on this post, or let me know on Twitter, with a picture or list of the five books you’re planning to read.
Please do share this with your friends – the more the merrier – and let me know if you have any questions.
Considering the amount of books I got for my birthday and Christmas, count me in. Will try my hand at:
– A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
– Angels of Music by Kim Newman
– Fellside by M.R. Carey
– The Power by Naomi Alderman
– The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
I’m not sure I can read five. But I have a list. I’ll see how far I can go:
The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
Tales of the Norse Gods and Heroes by Edward Thomas
Fantasian by Larissa Pham
Ballad of the Sad Cafe by Carson McCullers
Ah, Sweetbitter’s on my list, too! (though not for January) x
Sounds like a great idea. I’m in!
Great! How is it going so far?